Providence Emergency Management Agency (PEMA) to host Business Continuity-Resilience Work Shop
Wednesday, May 23rd, 2012
8:30 AM to 10:30 AM EST
Greater Providence Chamber of Commerce, Conference Room
30 Exchange Terrace
Providence, RI 02903
Business Continuity + Resilience Project
Mentoring Small Business to Effectively Protect People, Profit, Reputation and Operations. Provided by Code Red Business Continuity Services in Partnership with PEMA.
About the Business Continuity and Resilience Project
The Business Continuity and Resilience Project is funded by the Providence Urban Area Security Initiative (P-UASI). The goal of this project is to help Providence metropolitan small businesses prepare for the impact of the many hazards they face in today's world including natural hazards like floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes and widespread serious illness such as the H1N1 flu virus pandemic. Human-caused hazards include accidents, acts of violence by people and acts of terrorism. This project is specifically designed for small businesses (10-100 employees) that need assistance developing a new business continuity plan or needs help in completing an existing plan.
Our over-arching objective is to assist businesses in developing a preparedness program by providing tools to create a plan that addresses the impact of many hazards. The bottom-line is to keep operations running through disruptions.
We plan to achieve this in three distinct elements; educational workshops, web-based assessments and for a lucky few a full-blown Business Continuity Plan.
- Part I: Educational Workshops
- Understanding and Performing Risk Assessments
- Developing Emergency Response Plans
- Creating and Implementing Business Continuity Plans
- Overview of the Testing and Maintenance Process
- Part II: Web-based Assessments
- Part III: Business Continuity Plan
Benefits of Business Continuity Planning
- The ability to Keep Operations Going;
- The ability to Communicate to internal and external partners;
- The ability to Safeguard Employees;
- The ability to Protect Data;
- The ability to Establish Working Relationships with local emergency response partners;
- The ability to increase Security Awareness;
- The ability to Increase Organizational Skill;
- The ability to Protect Corporate Reputation;
- The ability to Protect Market Share; and
- The ability to Minimize Financial Losses.
- What You Can Expect From Us?
- Key elements that should be considered when developing a Business Continuity Plan;
- Effective Emergency Plan Guidelines and Checklists;
- Interactive discussions pertaining to your industry needs and concerns; and
- Essential Industry knowledge from subject matter experts.
- What We Expect From You?
- A Willingness to Provide Two Hours to Attend a Training Workshop;
- A Level of Commitment to Your Company's Resilience; and
- Open Mindedness to the Importance of Business Continuity.
- How We Will Accomplish This?
- Attending One of our Training and Educational Workshops;
- Potential Progression into Strategy Assessments; and
- Working Together to Develop Business Continuity Plans for Selected Businesses.
Register Today at http://www.providenceri.com/PEMA/business-resilience-registration
For More Information Visit: http://www.providenceri.com/PEMA/business-resilience